Have you met ‘The Covid Employability Challenge’ in 2021?
The hunt is on for the unsung employability heroes of the past year as the Employment Related Services Association (ERSA) opens its annual awards for entries.
From stand-out frontline staff, job seeking achievements and exemplary employers; to teams and communities pulling together in the most extraordinary of times, the ERSA Awards 2021 will epitomise the very best of rising to ‘The Covid Employability Challenge’.
Now in their ninth year, the ERSA Employability Awards welcome applications from all organisations supporting jobseekers into employment or to progress in work between July 2020 and June 2021. This includes employers, local authorities, Jobcentre Plus, training providers, housing associations, colleges and universities, specialist providers of information, advice and guidance, and those working within the criminal justice system and health services. Non-ERSA member entries are encouraged and there is no charge to apply.
We understand you’re busy, so we’ve simplified our categories and entry requirements to ensure we can choose from the very best. There’s a focus on individual, team and partnership achievements this year and we will be encouraging video submissions to visualise and support your entries.
The Award Categories
- Frontline Adviser of the Year
Employment advisers and job coaches who have demonstrated exceptional commitment in a frontline role
- Frontline Manager of the Year
Frontline managers or team leaders who has demonstrated exceptional commitment to leading their frontline team to excellent performance and customer achievements
- Employer of the Year
Employers showing exceptional commitment by partnering with providers in their area, supporting disadvantaged and long-term unemployed jobseekers
- Significant Achiever of the Year
Organisations delivering employability programmes can nominate exceptional jobseekers and learners they support
- Team of the Year - Disability and health
Frontline teams providing disability and wellbeing services, including mental health support
- Team of the Year - Hardest hit
Frontline teams supporting individuals and communities hardest hit by the pandemic, including low-paid workers, young people NEET, diverse communities, experience of the justice system, women, learning disabilities and other disadvantaged groups
- Team of the Year - Innovation
Teams helping us remotely connect: Roll out of IT equipment to participants, digital accessibility, behind the scenes innovation to change ways of working through the pandemic
- Team of the Year - Crisis management
Frontline teams providing essential/emergency pandemic support: housing, food, benefits etc
- Team of the Year - Hidden heroes
Working behind the scenes to enable services: IT/digital services, service design, research and evidence
- Community Partnership of the Year
Organisations working together to form partnerships that support local communities already furthest from the labour market, and have been hit hardest by the pandemic
- Outstanding Contribution to the Sector
A truly inspiring individual who will be nationally recognised as a champion and ambassador for the sector
- Why apply for an ERSA Award?
- Tips for applying for an ERSA Award
- Social assets
- Award categories and criteria for entry
- Share the media release using #ERSAAwards21
- Download the questions for information to support your entry submission
- Submit your entry online here
Save the dates
Friday 18 June awards open
Friday 1 October awards close *** DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 1 OCTOBER***
Tuesday 2 November shortlist announced at the Communications and Political Insights Network
Thursday 25 November awards announced
Additional information and support
Judged by an independent panel of industry experts, the ERSA Awards are an official commendation of exceptional best practice. They are also an opportunity to demonstrate the integrity of your services and business principles, plus they are a real draw for new employees, supplier partners and funders.
The presentation of the winners will be announced via a live broadcast event in front of ministers and sector stakeholders.
The Awards are a fantastic springboard for raising your organisation’s profile whether you’re shortlisted or a winner.
Raise your profile by sponsoring an award category!
ONE REMAINING CATEGORY!
- Team of the Year - Hidden Heroes
- If you are interested in sponsoring the last remaining award category, don't delay, get in touch with Laura Benfield, Head of Membership.
Sponsors for the ERSA Awards 2021
Thank you to our sponsors and partners;
- Cognisoft - Joint lead sponsor
- Clarion Futures - Joint lead sponsor
- Capita - Venue sponsor
- FE NEWS - Media partner
- BDB Pitmans LLP - Employment Law
- entitledto - Community Partnership of the Year
- Transform Lives Company - Team of the Year - Crisis Management
- Institute for Employability Professionals Frontline Adviser of the Year
- Recro Consulting - Outstanding Contribution of the Year
- NCFE - Team of the Year - Hardest Hit
- Arriva - Employer of the Year
- Simpact CIC – Team of the Year - Innovation
- The Digital College – Significant Achiever of the Year
- Alderwood Recruitment – Frontline Manager of the Year Award
- Triangle – Creators of the Outcomes Star – Team of the Year – Disability and Health
Interesting in sponsoring an award this year?
Get in touch with Laura Benfield, Head of Membership for an informal discussion, heavily discounted rates for ERSA members.
Watch out for further information and updates, sign up here.
Ways to support this year's awards!
- Save the dates
- Sponsor an award category
- Encourage your colleagues, partners and networks to enter
- Shout about the awards across social media using our hashtag #ERSAAwards21
- Plan your submission
- Enter the awards here
Some of the inspiring entries submitted as video's, head over to ERSA's YouTube channel here