Expiry date:10:00, 13 October 2021
Salary:£24,000.00 - £26,000.00 Per Annum
Benefits:Pension, Enhanced Annual Leave, Life Assurance
Fedcap Scotland (part of The Fedcap Group) is a not-for-profit organisation delivering employability solutions across a range of UK contracts through a blend of local frontline professional teams. Our services are more vital than ever before to individuals and their wider communities as we tackle unemployment rates head on.
We are currently recruiting for a Personal Adviser to join our existing team.
As a Personal Adviser you will be providing flexible and appropriate support to a caseload of participants whilst considering the individuals needs and barriers which potentially relate to them having a disability ability or additional support needs.
You will be …
- Managing a caseload of participants ensure appropriate and effective contractual activity is undertaken by all participants subject to identifying their level of job readiness.
- Developing participant capability within recruitment processes by identifying and addressing individuals’ barriers to employment.
- Identifying structure and recommend vacancy and training solutions, working in close consultation with the Employer Services Consultants and Tutors, to ensure participant and employer needs are achieved.
- Coaching and developing participants during their initial weeks of employment which support their transition from unemployment to employment which will maximise the potential for a long period.
- Developing relationships and networks with all stakeholders including employers, jobcentre teams and funding providers whilst delivering a consistent and quality driven customer service standards.
- Working with IT and systems to ensure compliance across company policies to include Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Data Security to ensure stakeholders and participants are always protected.
Can you embrace our company values which are Kindness, Respect, Integrity, and Innovation?
Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- A great communicator who strives to always deliver enthusiasm & confidence.
- Digitally savvy with the ability to provide others the appropriate levels of support using technology whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Someone who has the ability and experience of supporting, coaching and developing in a face to face and remotely.
- Customer orientated and driven by results gained from quality of service, willing to put the participants at the heart of everything you do.
- Someone who loves a fast-paced working environment that has set result and targets.
- Able to adapt to difficult or challenging situations when required.
- Empathetic and understanding of the challenges and barriers unemployed individuals currently face.
- Results focused
- Customer centric
- Rapport building
- Quality & compliance.
What’s in it for you…
A rewarding career that makes a genuine difference to people’s lives.
- Hours and days of Work: 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday.
- Holidays: 31 days’ holiday, inclusive of bank holidays in your first year of service, increasing to 35 days at 5 years and 38 days at 10 years’ service.
- A two-week Induction and Training programme.
- In-house Health and Wellbeing team.
- Pension Scheme – contribution of 4% from Fedcap Employment.
- Life Cover x 4 annual salary.
- A generous sickness package inclusive of 13 weeks full sick pay 13 weeks half sick pay, following completion of a 6-month probationary period.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay following completion of the probationary period.
- Laptop and mobile phone to allow remote agile working.